Kinetix Eco-X R135: Bio Epoxy Surfboard Laminating Resin and Hardener Kit
KINETIX® ECO-X R135 is a solvent free, bio-based epoxy resin specifically formulated for use with H135 bio-based hardener. The system will provide a room temperature, bloom-free finish for surfboard lamination of timber, EPS/polystyrene or polyurethane foam. Toughness and resistance to yellowing provides extended longevity with normal use.
Components used in the manufacture of ECO-X R135 are made from renewable feedstock and by-
product of existing industrial processes. Production consumes less energy and water than standard
petroleum based epoxies and also reduces wastes and green-house gas emission.
KINETIX® R135 H135 is a USDA Certified Biobased Product.
1 part hardener to 2 parts resin by volume
42 parts hardener to 100 parts resin by weight.
When applying additional epoxy coats, or coating with polyester resin or polyurethane topcoats, the cured epoxy should be rinsed with clean water first, and then wet abraded with sandpaper or a scotch-brite pad*, to ensure good inter-coat adhesion.
Allow to dry before overcoating.
KINETIX R135 resin and H135 hardener will keep for 2 years if kept in original containers at room temperature (15OC to 32OC), and out of direct sunlight. Containers should be tightly sealed to prevent moisture absorption.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
KINETIX R135 resin and H135 hardener have moderate sensitising potential, and should be kept out of the eyes and off the skin.
• Use with good ventilation and adequate safety equipment including impervious gloves and safety glasses.
• If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing immediately, and wash the affected area thoroughly with water, avoiding the use of solvents except in the case of massive contamination.
• If eye contact occurs, immediately flush with running water for at least fifteen (15) minutes and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed:
- Resins – DO NOT induce vomiting, and contact a doctor or the Poisons Information Centre.
- Hardeners – DO NOT induce vomiting, give plenty of milk or water and contact a doctor or the Poisons Information Centre.